Reducing Our Environmental Impact
TruNorth strives to conserve resources, improve energy efficiency and use recycled and renewable materials to do more with less, and help decrease our carbon footprint. We know that preserving our environment’s health is just as important to you as it is to us, which is why we have proudly developed a composite decking product that is comprised of 95% recycled material and established a production process for all of our decking that has reduced our oil consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Our decking contains no toxic chemicals, VOCs, or formaldehyde
- Every year, we divert as much as 7,223,000 million pounds of industrial plastic waste from landfills
- 99.997% land-fill free – virtually no waste
- Closed-loop water filtration system
- Use solar energy in manufacturing
- Recycle 100% of internal scrap
- No organic wood in cap or core
- No need for harsh cleaning or refinishing agents
- A sustainable, eco-friendly alternative to wood
- Does not contribute to deforestation
- Longer-lasting products, backed by industry-leading warranties
Durable and Sustainable Decking That is Built to Last
A 12x12 foot TruNorth deck removes 12,000 plastic bottles from landfills and saves 90 gallons (343 L) of oil. Plus, since TruNorth boards are wood-free, each deck offsets at least 1,132lbs (514kg) of CO2 emissions. Together, let’s leave the trees in the forest.
Doing More With Less
The majority of composite decking sold in the world is manufactured overseas, then shipped and distributed. TruNorth and Clubhouse decking uses significantly less resources as it is made in North America using energy efficient and water conserving practices.
- Our products travel fewer miles
- Less packaging is necessary for transport
- Lowers dependency on fossil fuels
- Reduces air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions